The congregation of the Sisters of the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament (SABS), was founded in 1908, by the Servant of God, Thomas Kurialacherry(1873-1925) who received an inner call to make Eucharistic Lord known, loved and adored by all, always and everywhere. In this endeavour he had the co-operation of its first member, Mother Mary Chantal(1880-1972).
The Adoration Sisters give prime importance to Eucharistic Apostolate. To share the Eucharistic love with our brethren and thus to draw all to the table of the Eucharistic Lord, besides the Eucharistic apostolate SABS extends their services in the fields of education, healing, social welfare and missionary activities as and when appropriate.
The general curia of the congregation operates from Cenacle, Aluva. The Adoration Congregation is striving forward with its vision and dreams to meet the challenges of the new century. We hope that our sisters with renewed commitment and enthusiasm search for new pastures to extend our services where we have not yet reached and thus fulfill the missionary mandate of the congregation that “the Eucharistic Lord be known, loved and adored by all, always and everywhere”.